Field work, workshops and other services from Bryan Pfeiffer
As a birder and field entomologist, Bryan conducts wildlife inventories for governments, non-profits, and private landowners. A few examples:
- Bryan’s latest project is to photograph rare (and common) butterflies for the State of Maine.
- During the 2017 field season, Bryan surveyed conservation land in northern Vermont for rare birds and insects.
- In Maine, Bryan documented rare butterflies on property owned by the Army National Guard.
- For the City of South Burlington, Vermont, Bryan completed a rapid survey of breeding birds.
- For the Vermont Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bryan searched for and discovered conservation-worthy dragonflies in wetlands and rivers.
- And for the Vermont Center for Ecostudies, Bryan was the lead field entomologist for a six-year survey of Vermont butterflies.
Presentations and Seminars
As a keynote speaker, Bryan reports from the frontiers of wildlife, wild places and the human condition. At this intersection of actual nature and human nature, there is inspiration, exuberance, education, humor and even your organization’s own mission and aspirations. Keynotes and custom addresses begin at $500 plus travel expenses. Extant talks (already prepared on various topics) are $350 plus expenses. Contact Bryan about ideas.
Bring the outdoors inside and on-screen with Bryan’s vivid images and stories from the frontiers of nature and biology. Presented with humor and exuberance, Bryan’s lectures feature topics on birds, insects, evolution, courtship, migration, the Arctic, or whatever’s flying around in your own backyard.
These talks work well for Audubon chapters, garden clubs, university classes, conservation organizations and community groups of all kinds. Bryan’s standard short (1.5-hour) workshop fee is $500 plus travel expenses. Contact Bryan about workshop ideas.
Give Bryan a few hours, and he’ll give you your digital camera explained and revealed. You’ll finally understand the dials, buttons and menus on point-and-shoot or SLR cameras. With plain language and vivid examples, Bryan’s workshops help any photographer capture images of nature, family, pets, sports, artwork, landscapes and most any of their own digital aspirations. Bryan has run these workshops everywhere from the Grand Canyon in Arizona to flower gardens in Vermont. Learn more about these photo seminars »
Writing and Editing
With more than three decades in journalism and public relations, Bryan brings the force of the written word to people, organizations, ideas and the public square. He can write or edit your report, news release, website or other document so that you can save time and succeed.
A Sample Client List
- Vermont Joint Fiscal Office
- Vermont Center for Ecostudies
- Zorzal Cacau
- Vermont Housing and Conservation Board
- North Branch Nature Center
- Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department
- Sleeping Lion Consulting
- University of Vermont
Read more about Bryan’s writing and editing work »